A safe playground surface that’s where you need it, when you need it.
The permanent surface is always where you need it, when you need it – while loose fill material gets “dished out” from use. Our surfacing is virtually maintenance free as compared to loose fill material that requires ongoing raking and replenishing.
We extended our already industry-leading warranty!
Our poured-in-place system performs so well we extended the warranty to 7 years. We call it Super-7. Our aliphatic system is so durable and problem-free we extended its warranty to 10 years! We call it Extreme-10. The 2-layer system is mixed and poured on site. It’s easily customized to meet the safety, design and aesthetic requirements of any playground.
- 2-layer, poured & troweled on site – in any design, configuration and dimensions
- Base (resilient) layer of SBR (Styrene Butadiene Rubber) and polyurethane binder
- Top (wear) layer of EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diane Monomer) rubber and aromatic or aliphatic urethane binder
- Thickness can vary across surface – typical range is 1-3/4” to 5-1/2”
- Top surface: 2 lbs rubber + .44 lb urethane = 2.44 lbs total weight
- 24 standard colors & color combinations, customization available
- Custom designs available – logos, shapes, games, etc
- Porous – typically used outdoors
- IPEMA certified – meets 4’ to 12’ critical fall heights per ASTM F-1292-04
- Made from post-consumer & pre- and post-industrial recycled materials
- Conforms to requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and ASTM F-1951-99 Determination of Playground Surface Accessibility
- Flush, feathered or typical edge detail
- Base options (in order of recommended): concrete, asphalt, crushed stone
- Eligible for LEED® credits and state grants
- 7-Year Warranty (Super-7 with aromatic urethane)
- 10-Year Warranty (Extreme-10 with aliphatic urethane)
Our industry-leading percentage of material in the top surface significantly increases the playground surface’s expected life. Competitors use 10-40% less material in their top surfaces. More material in the top surface layer means superior tensile strength (side-to-side pulling) and superior taber abrasion (top down wear).
Competitors use 10 - 40% less material in their top surfaces, resulting in a less-dense, thinner top surface and a shortened life expectancy.
Surface America’s PlayBound Poured-in-Place systems are IPEMA certified. To verify product certification, visit www.ipema.org.
Based on your project requirements or budget desires, there are several ways to reduce the overall project cost, while still providing a safe and durable playground surface. Contact a Surface America Sales Representative about those options ... including color, top surface spec and warranty duration.
Warning: Like so many surfaces, including asphalt, sand, metal and plastic, all of which can be found in playground environments, rubber surfaces will get hot when exposed to direct sunlight. Surface America strongly recommends that children wear shoes when playing or walking on any rubber surface, regardless of the manufacturer or specific type of surface.