Use in play areas where critical fall heights aren’t required.
Surface America’s EverTop™ is the top surface layer of the PlayBound™ Poured-in-Place system consisting of recycled post-industrial EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) rubber and polyurethane. It is commonly used in play areas without equipment, as well as in portions of playgrounds outside the equipment’s use zone. This achieves aesthetic consistency at a lower cost.
Easily customized to complement playground settings or high-traffic areas.
Because the rubber and urethane components are mixed and applied on site, having school colors, logos, games and/or geometric shapes permanently incorporated into the surface are easily accomplished.
EverTop includes an industry-leading percentage of material in its top surface, significantly increasing the surface’s expected life.
When used with aliphatic urethane binder, EverTop comes with a 10-year warranty. When used with aromatic urethane binder, EverTop comes with a 7-year warranty.
Wet poured, one-layer, troweled-on-site system: EPDM & aliphatic or aromatic urethane.
- Field-applied in any configuration and dimensions
- Wet poured, one layer, troweled on site
- EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) rubber and polyurethane binder
- Typical thickness range is 1/2″
- Many colors and color combinations
- Porous: primarily outdoor use (indoor use less typical)
- Base Options: asphalt or concrete view
- Recycled material components sourced from the USA
- ADA compliant per ASTM F-1951 for playground surface accessibility
- 7-Year Warranty (Super-7 with aromatic urethane)
- 10-Year Warranty (Extreme-10 with aliphatic urethane)
Color(s) may vary slightly from samples shown.
Rubber Colors: Any of these colors can be mixed in combination with another color or mixture of colors to achieve a blended, speckled look. A percentage of black mixed with a color or multiple colors camouflages dirt and reduces the price. All other factors being equal, the higher the percentage of black in the top surface mix, the lower the price.
Urethane Choices: Throughout the industry, the urethane binder that encapsulates the granules is produced in two forms: aromatic (our Super-7 system with a 7-year warranty) and aliphatic (our Extreme-10 system with a 10-year warranty). It is not required to use aliphatic binder, but from an aesthetic standpoint it is particularly advisable to consider its use with colors such as blue, teal, purple, pearl, eggshell and grays because aromatic binder “yellows” slightly upon exposure to ultraviolet rays. Most of this thin layer of urethane wears off with foot traffic and weathering typically within two to six months. This characteristic applies industry-wide. Extreme-10 (using aliphatic urethane) comes with added cost, but added benefits, too. Upgraded ingredients in the formulation lead to superior performance throughout the system’s life.
- Greater resistance to wear and tear from foot traffic and the elements
- Outstanding tensile strength
- “Clear as water” appearance makes the surface vibrant and the rubber true to color