Use in play areas where critical fall heights aren’t required.
Surface America’s EverTop is the top surface layer of the PlayBound Poured-in-Place system, and is commonly used in play areas without equipment, as well as in portions of playgrounds outside the equipment’s use zone. This achieves aesthetic consistency at a lower cost. EverTop comes with a 7-YEAR or 10-YEAR warranty, depending on your urethane binder choice.
- 1-layer, poured & troweled on site - in any design, configuration and dimensions
- Top layer of PlayBound™ 2-layer system
- EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) rubber and aromatic or aliphatic urethane binder
- 24 standard colors & color combinations, customization available
- Custom designs available - logos, shapes, games, etc
- 2 lbs rubber + .44lb urethane = 2.44 lbs total weight
- Typical thickness is 1/2”
- Porous - typically used outdoors
- Made from pre- and post-industrial recycled materials
- Flush, feathered or typical edge detail
- Base options include asphalt or concrete
- Eligible for LEED® credits and state grants
- 7-Year Warranty (with aromatic urethane, 2-year for water play use)
- 10-Year Warranty (with aliphatic urethane, 2-year for water play use)
Our industry-leading percentage of material in the top surface significantly increases the playground surface’s expected life. Competitors use 10-40% less material in their top surfaces. More material in the top surface layer means superior tensile strength (side-to-side pulling) and superior taber abrasion (top down wear).
Based on your project requirements or budget desires, there are several ways to reduce the overall project cost, while still providing a safe and durable playground surface. Contact a Surface America Sales Representative about those options ... including color, top surface spec and warranty duration.
Warning: Like so many surfaces, including asphalt, sand, metal and plastic, all of which can be found in playground environments, rubber surfaces will get hot when exposed to direct sunlight. Surface America strongly recommends that children wear shoes when playing or walking on any rubber surface, regardless of the manufacturer or specific type of surface.